26 May 2018

HOPE TO SEE THE SUN ONCE MORE

At the end of day, I sat myself down
on a low lying couch to think of the day
thoughts bolting through my head,
feet running all the way

progress on the papers and
the signatures making it complete,
sitting on the same place as before and back the same way, again on my feet

joy in the feedbacks
and achivements on the graphs
same woks to admire, same
flimsy mistakes and monlogous laughs

where has time led me to ?
I hear the whispers of the past
'I too will fly some day',
says the kid running with a cart

This day I lay my dreams, lay them to rest
mind telling the heart, 'its all for the best'
Gray streaks in the mirror, telling the eyes,
you too have grown old, you too have lost the sight

may be tomorrow, I'll feel young enough
to follow the shooting stars
or just lie back tired again
dreaming at the same hour

hope I have the gutts again
to take a leap or just sail off the shore,
hope to wake up to make it true tomorrow
hope I have a tomorrow, i want to see the sun once more

No comments: